Rules for Ecclesiastical Fellowship of L'Église Réformée du Québec
Adopted at the Synod of the ERQ the 13th September 1997
1. The churches shall assist each other in the development and advancement of the mission.
2. The churches shall assist each other in the maintenance, defence and promotion of the Reformed faith in doctrine, church polity, discipline, and worship, be watchful for deviations, and encourage each other in the weaker areas.
3. The churches shall inform each other of the decisions taken by their broadest assemblies, if possible by sending each other their Acts or Minutes and otherwise, at least by sending the decisions relevant to the respective churches (if possible, in translation).
4. The churches shall consult each other when entering into relations with third parties.
5. The churches shall accept one another's attestations or certificates of good standing.
6. The churches shall in principle open their pulpits for each other's ministers in agreement with the rules adopted in the respective churches.
7. When major changes or additions are being considered to the confessions, church government or worship, the churches shall be informed in order that as a much consultation can take place as possible before a final decision is taken.
8. The churches shall receive each other's delegates at their broadest assemblies and invite them to participate as much as local regulations permit.