L'Eglise reformee du Quebec subscribes to the Westminster Confession of Faith (published by the Revue reformee, No 153-1988/1, p. 1-64). However,
1) We allow freedom of conscience in relation to articles XXIII.3 and XXXI.2, concerning the place of the political government in the life of the Church, and in relation to article XXIV.4, concerning marriages with consanguinity.
2) We accept the sections XXX and XXXI as far as they agree with the Church order of l'Eglise reformee du Quebec.
3) In these times of questionning the traditional rest from the commercial activity in our society, we reiterate the value and correctness of consecrating the Sunday to the Lord. However, we allow freedom of conscience in relation to the occupations and duties to be accomplished mentionned in article XXI.8.
4) We remember the historical context in which this confession has been originally written as well as the controversies of those times, so that we can attenuate some hurting expressions in parts of articles XXII.7, XXIV.3, XXV.6, XXIX.2, XXIX.6.
5) We consider that in article XVII.3, "developper l'assurance" (develop the assurance) or "affermir" (strengthen) would be a better translation of "make sure" than the word "assurer" that might imply a salvation by works.
6) We consider that in article XXIV.5, "fiancailles" (engagement) would be more appropriate in our context than "promesse de marriage" (promise of marriage).